Origin: India and Sri Lanka
Lemongrass is enjoyed, the world over for its refreshing lemon scent and flavour.
May be useful for but not limited to:
- A rich source of vitamin C.
- Lemongrass tea is beneficial at the first sign of a cold.
- A powerful antioxidant removing free radicals from the body.
- A foot soak can benefit anyone with athlete’s foot.
- Helpful to treat intestinal worms.
- Useful for liver complaints.
Cautions or Contraindication:
As a beauty treatment, use leaves infused in boiling water as a 'face steam'. This will open up pores and clear pimples and blackheads. Followed by splashing cold water onto your face to close the pores.