Origin: Eastern Mediterranean & Southwest Asia
Calendula aids relief from mild digestive complaints and is regarded as a ‘gentle remedy’.
May be useful for but not limited to:
- Used to lower fevers & inflamed lymph nodes.
- Stimulate circulation & cleanse the blood.
- Safe for treating skin problems due to inflammation of the skin (eczema, psoriasis, pruritis)
- Treating wounds (topically), infections in the eyes, skin and gastrointestinal system.
- Menopause & hypertension
- Mouth ulcers, gastrointestinal inflammation, gastritis, gastrointestinal ulceration.
Cautions or Contraindication:
Consume as an infusion rather than an alcohol-based tincture for abraded tissues.
Steep 1 teaspoon into a tea pot, infuser or plunger. Steep for 5-15 mins. Strain and enjoy the herbal infusion, or bathe the affected skin area with the infusion.