Origin: Eastern Mediterranean & Southwest Asia
Aniseed is an aromatic, warm liquorice-flavoured herb and is a great addition to flavouring breads, cakes, biscuits, stewed fruit and Christmas cooking.
May be useful for but not limited to:
- Great for relieving persistent coughs.
- Loosening mucus in the bronchial tubes.
- Relieve indigestion, gas and upset tummies.
- Aids digestion, especially useful for baby’s first solid foods.
- Helps to relieve hot flushes in menopausal women.
- Stimulate milk production in nursing mothers.
Cautions or Contraindication:
Pure oil of any herb is highly concentrated, Aniseed oil should not be taken during pregnancy.
Aniseed leaf tea sweetened with honey is a useful digestive drink to have after a meal. During summer chill the tea before drinking.