Liquorice Root 50g
Organic Liquorice root
Origin: Southern Asia
The rejuvenation and nutritive properties of Liquorice root make it a very special plant with many healing properties.
May be useful for but not limited to:
- One of the oldest & best-known remedies for coughs & chest complaints.
- It works on the digestive, respiratory, nervous, reproductive & excretory systems.
- Used to clam the mind & nourish the brain.
- Liquorice kills bacteria in the mouth that cause cavities & tooth decay.
- Assists the liver to neutralise toxins.
- Restore the adrenals.
Cautions or Contraindication:
Prolonged use of large dosages may result in depletion of potassium levels in the body. Avoid in cases of high blood pressure, cardiac or kidney insufficiency, pregnancy, fluid retention or myasthenia gravis sufferers. (rare muscle disease)
Brew a cup of liquorice tea after a meal and sip to aid digestion. It’s great served chilled over ice in summer and it’s a thirst quencher so it will give you more get-up-and-go during the Summer heat.