Chamomile reduces stress, promotes relaxation and more restful sleep. It’s a ‘safe tea’ and can be used to help relieve pain in babies and children and soothe bouts of colic.
May be useful for but not limited to:
- Teething in babies or applied to nappy rash.
- Reduce tension in an upset & stressed child.
- For nausea & tummy cramps.
- Depression, stress, nervous stomach, poor digestion, insomnia.
- Asthma, Hay fever, Gastrointestinal disorder including: indigestion, dyspepsia, flatulence, food sensitivities, colic, irritable bowel syndrome & nausea.
- To stimulate & support the adrenals, kidneys, liver, bladder, spleen, gall & lungs.
Cautions or Contraindication:
Allergic reactions are mostly due to contamination with Athens cotula (contains anthecotulide, a contact allergen). Pollens are not likely to be present or active in aqueous alcohol extracts of chamomile.
Topical applications of essential oils are safe.
Safe during pregnancy & lactation.
To relieve a stuffy nose, pour a cupful of boiling water over 1-2 teas of chamomile in a small bowl, and inhale the steam.