Origin: Tropical America
Passionflower is a mild tranquillising sedative used by people suffering from sleeplessness.
May be useful for but not limited to:
- Treat nervous conditions such as anxiety, depression & hyperactivity.
- Relieve spasms from whooping cough.
- Beneficial for colic.
- Relaxant for the smooth muscle lining of the digestive tract.
- Reduce physical exhaustion.
- Pain-relieving properties have been used to wash burns & scalds.
Cautions or Contraindication:
Not to be taken during pregnancy. Do not use while taking anti-depressant drugs. Use for 2-3 weeks, then have a break for 1-2 weeks.
1 Teasp. to 1 cup of boiling water. 1-3 cups per day. 1 cup taken in the evening for sleeplessness.